Don’t have the impact they used to, but they still make a difference.
The general consensus is a build gets more return on investment for spreading the CP around rather than stacking in one slot as has historically been done, due to the front loading changes ZOS made with the Morrowind patch. Consider your other passives when distributing your CP, such as race: Does your Breton need more spell resist? Does your Altmer need more dmg? Does your Argonian need to conserve more stam? Probably not, so choose other options. The most useful are in bold.
- Shadow: Tumbling, Shadow Ward
- Tower: Warlord, Sprinter
- Lover: Arcanist, Tenacity, Mooncalf, Healthy
- Ritual: Thaumaturge
- Apprentice: Blessed, Elemental Expert, Elfborn
- Atronach: Master at Arms, Staff Expert
- Steed: Spell Shield, Ironclad
- Lady: Hardy, Thick Skinned, Elemental Defender
- Lord: Bastion, Quick Recovery
More things to consider
It isn’t as simple as just spending the points…
- For the Lady (red tree) spend points in Hardy first, then Elemental Defender, then anything else. It won’t calculate your dmg mitigation quite like you thought if you don’t. I know it sounds nutty, but it’s working as intended, I guarantee you.
- Jump Points: CP jump points are rounded to the lowest whole number. Let’s take Warlord as an example. If your tooltip says the bonus is 11.99%, you actually only get “credited” 11%. For example:
- If you have 23 CP in Warlord your tooltip says you get 10.22% but you effectively get 10%
- At 25 CP, the tool tip says you get 10.98% but you effectively get 10%
- At 26 CP the tooltip says you get 11.35%, so you effectively get 11%
- Red CP Guides: Keep in mind these are usually geared towards DPS and may or may not be applicable to you as a healer. You can use DPS CP in the Craglorns, HoF, and MoL, but consider your specific role especially in vCR and Asylum.
Pay attention to the CP passives you’re unlocking; picking flowers faster may be nice, but does it help your team? Here are some actually useful options; you can use some or none of them, to your liking:
- Lover: Synergizer (ult gen)
- Ritual: Last Stand (ult gen)
- Apprentice: Foresight (cost reduction), Arcane Well (mag return)
- Steed: Phase (resists), Reinforced (shield)
- Lady: Spell Absorption (mag return), Critical Leech (HP return)
- Lord: Determination (shield)