So you think to yourself, “Self, I’m ready to heal vet trials. I have a full set of Sithis, some Ashen Grip, and 2pc Velidreth.” Um… let’s talk about your gear.
There’s a lot of choices here, but most people choose a mixture of only Infused or Divines. Remember Infused is most effective on your big pieces (head, chest, legs). Also note that PvE enemies don’t crit, so Impen is useless. Whatever your choice, crunch the numbers to see the difference.
Leveling really all you need are DPS sets. No, really. You have 10 skill slots and two ults, you don’t need 10 heals for a dungeon.
Celebrate your freedom from SPC and mix it up a bit! Max out your inventory (200 slots). Keep enough pieces you can mix and match, try to always arrange sets around gold jewelry if possible. All of the sets listed below come pre-enchanted with mag, and if you upgrade it the vanilla enchants will scale. Like Kuta from heaven! Often, you’ll wear different sets for trash vs. bosses and need to swap on the fly. Be prepared with an add-on like alpha gear, dressing room, or gear manager. Try to arrange it so you can also slot a monster set, one each heavy and medium for the undaunted mettle passive.
- Olorime gives Major Courage for 30s via a ground-placed aoe; with practice a healer can easily maintain high uptimes on the buff, even without Jorv. Spell Power Cure is a great option if you do not have Olorime; it provides the same buff but for only 10 seconds. (comes from White Gold Tower). Why Olo over SPC? Thing about SPC is you have to heal someone at full health to maybe apply it for only 10 sec, so it promotes overhealing. That’s fine for 4man content where one springs by itself is overhealing. But in trials content we healers are under pressure to keep up a variety of debuffs. Since you’re also running PotL, IA, ele drain, altar, wall, horns, combat prayer, etc… why not opt for the set that applies the buff for 30 full seconds (with Jorvulds it’s 42 sec). Makes life a lot easier and frees the healer up to pay attention to all the other plates you have spinning
- Jorvuld’s Guidance increases the duration of your buffs by 40%. The number one reason for this set is to increase Major Force uptime from Horns. If you are a Warden, however, this set is preferred since you are juggling so many buffs at a time.
- Infallible Aether just never seems to truly go away, so collect a set of it just in case. It applies the Minor Vulnerability debuff to your enemies on heavy attack (actually a medium attack if we’re going to have real talk) – it drops in Craglorn trials
- Worm will usually be worn by one healer on a team of two. It reduces the cost of mag skills by 4%. This should be the first set you collect; it comes from the dungeon Vaults of Madness. Body pieces are preferred, as the set bonus drops when you swap weapons (same with Ebon and Hircine’s).
- Hircine’s Veneer is Worm for stam. It reduces the cost of stam abilities by 4% and that includes bashing, blocking, and roll dodging. Comes from Selene’s Web. Jewelry and two body pieces are preferred, as the set comes in medium and the bonus drops when you swap weapons (same with Ebon and Worm). Keep in mind this means one or both pieces of your monster set will need to be light, depending on if you use annulment or want the undaunted mettle passive.
- Ebon is most often used in vcr on the group healer freeing up tanks to wear debuff sets. We may see more of this in the future with Elsweyr, since there will be a tanking set that offers the group minor courage. Ebon is a heavy armour set obviously, and preferably you do not use weapons as swapping drops the bonus. In order to maximize physical resistances you would wear chest, jewelry, and either legs or feet (same armour value). You would also need light armour for your monster set if you want to run a shield, or one light one medium if you want the undaunted mettle passive instead. Drops in Crypt of Hearts.
- Mending is not commonly used anymore. It reduces incoming dmg and procs on aoe heals, so make sure you’re actually using one. Most often used on last boss in vHoF. FUN FACT: Ritual can serve as a (rough) approximation of what enemies are within range of the set debuff – this set drops in AA.
- Sanctuary is useful for training groups in stacked fights; it increases the healing received of nearby group members in a very small radius – it drops in Banished Cells
- Stendarr strips debuffs faster than purge but requires HoTs going at the same time. Used for vHoF first boss.
Please wear at least purple. With all the new traits, you’ll want to find what combination works best for you. The two most commonly used are Arcane and Infused. Collect jewelry pieces for all your sets so it’s easier to tetris them together. I could spend a whole page just on jewelry enchants, but below are your most generally relevant options. Fun fact: Bretons have racial passives for cost reduction, making the corresponding jewelry enchantment less effective for them. Consider recovery instead if you find you need additional resources on your Breton.
|Glyph||Effect||Essence||Kuta at CP160|
|Increase Magical Harm||Increase Spell Damage||Makderi||+174|
|Magicka Recovery||Increase Magicka Regen||Makkoma||+169|
|Reduce Spell Cost||Reduce Magicka cost of spells||Makkoma||-203|
Two-piece sets are now viable thanks to staves counting as two set pieces. Generally one piece will be heavy and the other medium, although some opt for two heavy or one or both light, depending on the situation and their needs. Enchant with hakeijo, hp, or magicka, whatever works for your hp and resource pool goal.
Which one to choose? Different play styles and situations will call for different ones. Here are your most likely options:
- Bogdan: generally good everywhere, but most effective in stacks
- Earthgore: really good for training and high dmg situations, especially if stacked but also useful solo
- Rkugamz: returns stam and heals, very helpful for mobile fights that use stam DPS
- Lord Warden: adds to your resistances and when procced will add to those around you. Very helpful in high dmg situations where everyone is stacked
- Symphony of Blades: really useful on healers in Asylum, it returns quite a bit of resources to your teammates
Some take it a step further and use one piece from two different sets for the stats boost. Here are more options:
- Added Healing: Troll King, Rkugamz, Earthgore
- Max Health: Valkyn Skoria, Maw of the Infernal, Nerieneth, Malubeth
- Max Magicka: Infernal Guardian, Grothdarr, Ilambris, Bogdan
- Max Magicka and Max Stam: Domihaus
- Mag Regen: Shadowrend, Chokethorn
- Resistance: Chudan, Lord Warden, Pirate Skeleton
- Spell Crit: Iceheart, Slimecraw
- Spell dmg: Molag Kena