So you think to yourself, “Self, I’m ready to heal vet trials. I have a full Sithis set and 2pc Velidreth.” Um… let’s talk about your gear.
- Leveling: DPS sets. No, really. You have 10 skill slots and two ults, you don’t need 10 heals for a dungeon
- Traits: There’s a lot of choices here, but most people choose a mixture of only Infused or Divines. Remember Infused is most effective on your big pieces (head, chest, legs). Also note that PvE enemies don’t crit, so Impen is useless. Whatever your choice, crunch the numbers to see the difference.
- Sets: SPC at all times (comes from White Gold Tower). Other choices are listed below. Max out your inventory (200 slots). Keep enough pieces you can mix and match, try to always arrange sets around gold jewelry if it can be helped. All of the sets listed below come pre-enchanted with mag, and if you upgrade it the vanilla enchants will scale. Like Kuta from heaven! Be prepared to swap outfits on the fly, use an add-on like alpha gear or dressing room. Try to arrange it so you can also slot a heavy monster helm (or heavy shoulder). Often, you’ll wear different sets for trash vs. bosses and need to swap on the fly.
- Worm will usually be worn by one healer on a team of two. It reduces the cost of mag skills by 4%. This should be the first set you collect; it comes from VoM dungeon. Collect weapons for now, but don’t rely on them until the bug is fixed (the 5th trait drops when you swap weapons, same with Ebon).
- Mending is the third most commonly used trials healing set. It reduces incoming dmg and procs on aoe heals, so make sure you’re actually using one – comes from AA
- Sanctuary is useful for training HM or new tanks; it increases the healing received of nearby group members – comes from Banished Cells
- Twilight Remedy is much more useful if your team is likely to pop synergies; it applies a hot and a DPS buff – comes from MoL
- Infallible Aether just never seems to truly go away, so collect a set of it just in case, it applies a debuff to your enemies – comes from Craglorn trials
- Master Architect buffs two DPS significantly and if you run it with a small cost ult can be more potent than Twilight Remedy… Unless you need warhorns, so there’s that
- Inventor’s Guard when used with a cheap ult can be pretty powerful protection, like for HM training.
- Stendarr strips debuffs faster than purge but requires hots going at the same time. Good for vHoF first boss.
- Jewelry: Make sure your jewelry is arcane for the extra mag, and please wear at least purple. Collect jewelry pieces for all your sets so it’s easier to tetris them together. I could spend a whole page just on jewelry enchants, but here are your most relevant options:
Glyph Effect Essence Kuta Increase Magical Harm Increase Spell Damage Makderi +174 Magicka Recovery Increase Magicka Regen Makkoma +169 Reduce Spell Cost Reduce Magicka cost of spells Makkoma -203
- Monster sets: two-piece sets are generally not used except in particular situations (and that set up prevents two 5pc trait bonuses unless you use one of each set staff). However, single pieces can be integral to your build. It’s common to run one heavy piece (doesn’t matter which, head or shoulder).
- Enchant with hakeijo, hp, or magicka, whatever works for your build/raid
- Which one to choose? Different play styles and situations will call for different ones. Here are your most likely options:
- Added Healing: Troll King, Rkugamz, Earthgore
- Max Health: Valkyn Skoria, Maw of the Infernal, Nerieneth, Malubeth
- Max Magicka: Infernal Guardian, Grothdarr, Ilambris, Bogdan
- Max Magicka and Max Stam: Domihaus
- Mag Regen: Shadowrend, Chokethorn
- Resistance: Chudan, Lord Warden, Pirate Skeleton
- Spell Crit: Iceheart, Slimecraw
- Spell dmg: Molag Kena